Gary Perlmutter, MD
Dr. Perlmutter’s practice focuses exclusively on disorders of the shoulder with particular interest in arthroscopic treatment of rotator cuff tears. Past Director of the Shoulder Clinic at Massachusetts General Hospital, Dr. Perlmutter continues to hold a faculty teaching position at Harvard Medical School and is actively involved with educating Harvard medical students and orthopaedic residents. A member of the Harvard Shoulder Service, Dr. Perlmutter continues to practice at Massachusetts General Hospital as well at Spectrum Orthopaedics in Portland.
Dr. Perlmutter lives in the Portland Area with his wife and two children. His hobbies include oil painting, skiing, and spending time on Monhegan Island, Maine.
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Arthroscopy Association of North America
- American Shoulder and Elbow Surgeons Society
Education & Training
- Hahnemann University School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA
- University of Miami, residency in orthopaedics, Miami, FL
- Mass General Hospital, Rowe Shoulder Fellow, Boston, MA
American Board of Orthopaedic Surgeons