Updated April 26, 2023
Over the course of the last few months, we have seen COVID-19 community transmission levels decline, which has decreased the impact on our hospitals, patients, and staff. Because of this, we are updating our COVID-19 guidance.
Face masks are optional in our orthopaedic facilities. Providers, staff, patients, and visitors are no longer required to wear a face masks.
Anyone may choose to mask at their discretion. Masks will be available for those who choose to mask. Patients may request that their care team members mask during face-to-face encounters.
We will continue to monitor any changes in impact that COVID-19 is having on our community and will adjust our policies and procedures, if needed, to keep everyone safe.
Telemedicine & Virtual Visits
- Our orthopaedic division is providing web-based and/or telephonic appointments for patients when appropriate. Please call your doctor’s office to inquire. Contact information can be found here.
- Our vascular & interventional physicians are offering telemedicine visits. To inquire, please call 207.956.6650 or visit our location page here.
- Our radiation oncology division is conducting telemedicine visits for select follow-up appointments. Your physician will contact you directly if applicable.
For more information regarding COVID-19, visit the following trusted resources:
- Maine Vaccination Sites
- 211 Maine: Get answers at any time by dialing 211 (or 1-866-811-5695), texting your ZIP code to 898-211, or emailing email@example.com
- Maine CDC Coronavirus Website: Sign up for email updates and get the latest status in Maine at www.maine.gov/dhhs/coronavirus
- Testing for COVID-19 in Maine: Visit https://www.maine.gov/covid19/testing
- U.S. CDC Coronavirus Website: Get nationwide and global updates at www.cdc.gov/coronavirus
- U.S. FDA Website: Get nationwide updates from the Food & Drug Administration at www.fda.gov